Dr. Rachel Walker of Dallas, TX, is a plastic surgeon who provides a variety of body procedures for men and women in the area. Those who have undergone the tummy tuck procedure may have a lot of questions about post-operative care and recommendations.
Below are just a few of the tips and suggestions provided by our team to ensure proper healing and recovery:
- What to do the first few hours after surgery. After your tummy tuck procedure, you will be taken to a recovery room, where you will be closely monitored. You will likely feel groggy and sore, but you should begin to feel better after a few hours. Here are some things to expect and tips to help you through the first few hours post-surgery.
- How to care for your incisions. It is important to keep your incisions clean and dry. Your surgeon will provide you with specific instructions on how to care for your incisions. You will likely need to shower with a surgical soap and apply an antibiotic ointment to your incisions.
- How to manage your pain. You will likely experience some pain and discomfort after your surgery. Your surgeon will provide you with pain medication to help manage your pain. It is essential to take your pain medication as prescribed.
- When to call your surgeon. You should contact your surgeon if you experience increased pain, swelling, redness, or drainage from your incisions. You should also contact your surgeon if you have a fever over 101 degrees Fahrenheit.
Tips for a successful recovery
There are several things you can do to help ensure a successful recovery:
- Follow your surgeon’s instructions carefully.
- Take your pain medication as prescribed.
- Don’t smoke, as smoking can delay healing and increase the risk of complications.
- Eat a healthy diet and stay hydrated.
- Avoid strenuous activity and heavy lifting for at least six weeks.
- Take plenty of rest and allow your body to heal.
By following these tips, you can help ensure a successful recovery from your tummy tuck surgery. When you leave the office, it is recommended that you schedule a follow-up evaluation with Dr. Rachel Walker.
Learn more about post-operative instructions following the tummy tuck surgery
Call 972-661-5077 to connect with the team at the Plastic Surgery Center of Dallas to learn more about aftercare instructions after cosmetic surgeries.