First off,eyelid surgery, or blepharoplasty, is a surgical procedure to improve the appearance of the eyelids.
Surgery can be performed on the upper eyelids, lower lids or both.
However, whether you want to improve your appearance or are experiencing functional problems with your eyelids, surgery can rejuvenate the area surrounding your eyes.
- Loose or sagging skin that creates folds or disturbs the natural contour of the upper eyelid, sometimes impairing vision
- Fatty deposits that appear as puffiness in the eyelids
- Bags under the eyes
- Drooping lower eyelids that reveal white below the iris
- Excess skin and fine wrinkles of the lower eyelid
Good candidates for eyelid surgery include:
- Healthy individuals with no medical conditions that can impair healing
- Individuals with a positive outlook and realistic goals
- Individuals without serious eye conditions
Eyelids are part of the face and the appearance of a drooping upper lid may be due to relaxation of the forehead skin and eyebrow. Sometimes stretching out of the upper eyelid muscle may cause a drooping eyelid. This is called eyelid ptosis and requires a different surgical treatment.
Lastly, your plastic surgeon will evaluate your facial anatomy thoroughly and will discuss what procedures might best remedy your concerns.
*Article from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
Blepharoplasty costs can vary widely and will depend on if you are doing upper eyelids only, or upper and lower together. The starting cost for upper eyelids is $4200+. The average fee referenced includes anesthesia, operating room facilities or other related expenses. We have many blepharoplasty photos available in our photo gallery.
Dr. Gregory J. Stagnone is a board-certified plastic surgeon in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area for eyelid surgery. Call today to schedule a consultation: 972-661-5077